About the Rose Fellowship
The Enterprise Rose Architectural Fellowship partners early-career architectural designers with local community development organizations for a three-year term, where they facilitate an inclusive approach to development to create green, sustainable, and affordable communities. As an integral staff member of the organization, the fellow will focus on advancing the organization’s practices in community engagement, sustainability and design excellence. By becoming a fellow, you join a growing network of passionate and talented public interest designers who are continuously changing what is possible in community development. This year, fellowship opportunities are located with Quest Community Development Corporation in Atlanta, Epicenter in Green River, UT, Venice Community Housing in Los Angeles, CA, The Trust for Public Land based in St Paul, Minn., and the Fairmount Park Conservancy in Philadelphia.
About Quest Community Development Organization
Quest Community Development Organization, Inc. (Quest) was founded in 2001 with the mission “to develop affordable housing and provide needs-based community services to enhance the quality of life for underserved individuals and families.” Quest provides four distinct programs that support our mission. Quest Support Services provides wrap around supportive services and case management to all of the residents of our Transitional and Permanent housing properties. Quest Property Management professionally manages all Quest properties, addresses emergencies and on-going maintenance, and assures that all properties are in compliance with the regulations set forth by the funding agency. Quest Property Development works to expand the reach of Quest by developing new construction or substantial rehabilitation properties. Quest Payee Services is a Social Security Administration organizational representative payee program that provides financial management services to men and women who have been deemed unable to maintain their benefits.
Read the workplan for this and other fellowship opportunities on our website:
- NAAB-Accredited Professional Architecture Degree (B.Arch, M.Arch, or D.Arch)
- LAAB-Accredited Professional Architecture Degree (B.L.A. or M.L.A.)
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. for the entire fellowship period
- Architectural, academic and community experience
- Essays and response to work plan
- Design portfolio
- Participation in Finalist Summit
- In-person interview
- July 9, 2017: Deadline to apply
- September 1: Finalist Summit invitees notified
- September or October (TBC): Finalist Summit
- October: On-site interviews
- November: Final decisions and notifications
- January 2018: Fellowship begins
* Travel expenses for Summit and interview will be covered by Enterprise
Apply online at https://enterprisedesign.slideroom.com/#/login/program/36047 by July 9, 2017 at 11:59pm ET.