The Contracts Specialist is primarily responsible for administering, maintaining and monitoring a variety of contracts, grants and cooperative agreements through the entire contract management experience. This person will be responsible for monitoring financial objectives and compliance requirements of agreements. The position requires strong organizational skills,the ability to work independently or as part of a team, attention to detail, and analytical thinking. The candidate must also be able to multi-task in a deadline driven environment.Job Responsibilities
· Manage the contractual activities of low to medium profile programs.
· Perform proposal and contract activity in a fast paced environment, with low to moderate risk to Enterprise.
· Conduct proposal preparation, contract review and negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer regulations e.g. OMB Circulars, 2 CFR 200,HUD CDBG regulations, etc.
· Research funding opportunities and work with management on identifying compliance requirements relevant to proposal and budget development and submission
· Advise management of contractual rights and obligations, and identify areas of contractual risk.
· Initiate, negotiate, review and approve for execution a wide range of contractual documents and agreements to include, Grants,Federal and Commercial Contracts, Cooperative Agreements, Subcontract Agreements, Nondisclosure Agreements and Memorandum of Understanding Agreements (MOUs) from various funders and to various organizations.
· Respond to internal and external requests for contract information.
· Collaborate with support staff to ensure that program and market leaders are aware of financial status, program risk factors,reporting requirements, deadlines, compliance requirements, etc.
· Coordinate with accounting on project and system set-ups, contract billing and reporting, audits, grantee and subcontractor payments, etc.
· Provide research and staff/sub recipient training on federal regulatory requirements as needed.
· Contract Specialist will be expected to work on some days at alternate local office
· Work will primarily involve using internal systems such as Salesforce and Peoplesoft, along with navigating governmental systems such as eLOCCs and DRGR.
· Undergraduate degree
· Two years of experience in grants or contracts required. 1 year may be substituted with possession of a relevant post-graduate degree.
· Experience in a federal contracts environment strongly preferred.
· One (1) year of contract accounting experience preferred.
· Demonstrated working knowledge of contracting concepts and experience applying 2 CFR 200, OMB Circulars A-110, A-122 andA-133.
· Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
· Strong problem solving, written and verbal communications skills a must.
· Ability to draft simple, routine contractual documents.
· Proven ability to use and apply independent judgment and creativity in the resolution of contract issues.
· Demonstrated ability to work under pressure,independently, and within a team.
· Excellent organization, detail, project &financial management skills.
· Proven track record of high quality performance and compliance with meeting deadlines.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities,coordinate, and communicate effectively among widely-dispersed parties and cultivate new partnerships
· Proficiency with word processing and demonstrated experience working with Excel spreadsheet applications
· Demonstrated collaborative working style
· Desire to learn and master new challenges
· Experience with Salesforce and/or Peoplesoft is a plus