The Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia (SBN) is seeking a Development and Operations Associate to provide support in key areas of organizational fundraising as well as to ensure smooth and efficient day-to-day organizational operations. SBN sees a unique opportunity for the right candidate to evolve the position over time into a managerial level role, and strongly encourages applicants who have a desire to learn and grow with SBN in the field of development.
Our ideal candidate will have an understanding of grant-making trends and corporate giving behavior; be experienced in various established development research techniques; have a knack for interpreting different foundation and/or corporate giving guidelines and connecting the dots to organization needs; be proactive and have strong administrative skills with an aptitude for detail and processes; have polished communication and interpersonal skills; and have strong skills and passion for writing.
Familiarity with SalesForce or similar CRM, as well as grant writing experience, are strong pluses. The person in this position is part of the SBN team, and as such, is a thought partner on organizational decisions.
Under the leadership of the Executive Director, and in collaboration and cooperation with other staff, the Development and Operations Associate will provide crucial fundraising support as well as operational support in the following key areas:
- Support Executive Director in stewarding current relationships with foundations and corporate sponsors, including through gift acknowledgments and periodic communications
- Conduct prospect research to support the cultivation of new foundations as well as corporate sponsors
- Maintain funder and sponsor records
- Keep up with trends and proven practices for corporate sponsorship programs
- Support Executive Director with grant editing and writing
- Support Executive Director in providing funders and sponsors with necessary documentation for proposals, reporting, and fulfillment
- Provide other development support as needed
- Ensure effective and efficient day-to-day operations, including record keeping, inventory maintenance, and oversight of facility and vendor relationships
- Support the Executive Director in coordinating with accountants, including ongoing bookkeeping and annual audit
- Manage all accounts payable and receivable, including vendors, members, sponsors, and contracts
- Work with Membership Manager to reconcile any membership payment issues
- Provide other operational support and off-site support as needed
Additional qualifications for this position to what is noted above include:
- Demonstrated commitment to SBN's values and mission
- Minimum 3 years' relevant experience
- Ability to be flexible with morning and evening hours as needed
- Ability to attend off-site functions
- Bachelor's degree preferred
SBN is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all our work, and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, and other underrepresented groups.
To apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and relevant writing sample as a single .pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line "SBN Development and Operations Associate: Last name, First name"