of REDEVELOPMENT Strategies
louisville metro government (LMG)
Department of Develop Louisville
Louisville Forward is Louisville Metro Government’s integrated approach to economic and community development, combining business attraction, expansion and retention activities, and talent and workforce attraction, with all of the city's real estate development, land use and planning and design functions to present a unified solution for job growth and quality of place.
Director of redevelopment strategies Essential Functions:
Reports to and works under the direction of the Director of Develop Louisville in Louisville Forward. Provides cross-functional coordination of community- and LMG-led community development projects, including strategies to support targeted neighborhood redevelopment, public sector improvements, property acquisition and disposition, the deployment of development incentives and related programs and projects. Collects and analyzes data to determine need and track progress.
Examples of Work:
- Leads and coordinates real estate development activities in targeted revitalization areas in which LMG is involved through land ownership, financial support or technical assistance; supports other projects being led by Louisville Forward’s Departments of Develop Louisville and Economic Development;
- Creates, identifies, and pursues new redevelopment efforts and projects within targeted revitalization areas in partnership with other LMG agencies and community partners;
- Coordinates public infrastructure improvements in conjunction with agency partners to support neighborhood redevelopment;
- Facilitates public (local, state and federal) approvals in conjunctions with agency partners to support neighborhood redevelopment;
- Pursues strategies for community wealth building and preservation of affordability in target neighborhoods and in collaboration with LMG agencies and community partners;
- Acts as a liaison between neighborhood representatives and the agency for specific redevelopment projects;
- Represents the agency to the public; and
- Performs related work.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Meets regular and punctual attendance standards and any special needs of the position as determined by the Director, including performing work-related travel.
· Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred; and
o Business Administration
o Community Development
o Liberal Arts
o Political Science
o Public Administration
o Real Estate
o Reginal Planning
o Urban Planning
o Social Science
o Related Field
· Seven (7) years of community development, housing and urban development, real estate development, housing finance or banking experience, with some supervisory experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Dynamic individual with strong and clear written and oral communication skills; strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills; ability to work effectively with a wide range of organizations and individuals, inspire trust, and motivate staff and partners; ability to effectively coordinate implementation strategies among multiple external and internal partners; experience using data as driver of performance; strong research skills and ability to synthesize large volumes of information quickly; flexibility and focus in developing and implementing redevelopment strategies to meet immediate and long-term community needs; strong results orientation; knowledge of local, state and federal development programs, financing tools and regulations.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
· Salary range of $85,000-$95,000; final pay commensurate with experience and demonstrated ability; and
· Standard LMG benefits, including health, life, and retirement.
Applicants shall submit a resume, cover letter, writing/publication example, and reference list to Shonda Barlow, HR Administrator, Louisville Forward at by close of business on August 31, 2018.