A Career with Point72 s Canvas team
Canvas sits within Point72 s Market Intelligence platform a platform that is inventing the future of finance. Market Intelligence combines the most innovative data sources, analysis, and investment tools with the Firm s traditional strength in deep, fundamental analysis of how companies and industries operate.
Canvas is the fundamental research division within Market Intelligence, developing proprietary supply chain insights through compliant qualitative research. Our Analysts provide rich, independent, and timely research, ranging from current trends to competitive dynamics to industry structure. This research serves as an input to the investment processes of our Long/Short investment professionals.
What you ll do
When you join the Canvas team, you re signing up for the learning experience of your life. You ll never look at anything the same from grocery stores to tires to semiconductors. You ll speak with private company executives every day and learn about the businesses they ve spent their lives building. You ll synthesize what you learn into reports that are consumed by our investment professionals.
Other Market Intelligence divisions do quantitative research to explain what is going on in an industry. As a Canvas Analyst, your qualitative research will explain the why. More specifically, you will:
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards and Point72 s Compliance program
- Become a subject matter expert on an industry you may now know nothing about
- Learn from small, medium, and large private company executives about their businesses and the industries in which they operate, including gathering qualitative data on what is happening (e.g., structural shifts; real-time changes in supply/demand dynamics; and emerging competitors, markets, and technologies) and, importantly, why it is happening
- Synthesize your findings in comprehensive reports that present a view of the industry
- Gain unparalleled exposure to, and learn from, business leaders across industries, including some of the most successful private company executives in the country, and from your colleagues some of the smartest professionals in Finance
- Interact directly with our investment professionals, learning the discretionary investment process from them and helping drive more informed investment decisions