Type: Full-Time, salaried position (will consider part-time for the right candidate; please specify in your cover letter)
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Rolling interviews will take place on a rolling basis and continue until the position is filled. Please send your application ASAP!
https://www.raimiassociates.com/blog/join-our-team (LA Urban Designer and Berkeley Planner positions available)about raimi + associates
Raimi + Associates is a multidisciplinary planning, policy, urban design, and research firm with offices in Berkeley, Los Angeles, and Riverside, CA. We are advocates, collaborators, organizers, and pioneers committed to creating healthy and resilient places and we bring a multidisciplinary approach to planning, design, policy and applied research. To address the complexity of communities, R+A integrates interrelated disciplines — land use and urban design, sustainability and green building, public health and equity, and community engagement — into planning and applied research efforts.about this position
We are seeking an experienced urban designer (3-7 years of experience) to join our growing practice in our Downtown Los Angeles office. The position offers the opportunity to take on a range of responsibilities, including urban design, physical planning, GIS and technical analysis, graphic design, policy writing, and community engagement. The ideal candidate should be an independent self-starter who enjoys a casual and fun work environment but can multi-task and remain organized and focused within the fast-paced demands of consulting. People of color and candidates with diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter, resume, and relevant work products (10 pages max) as soon as possible toanticipated responsibilities .
• Urban design support on a variety of projects, from site planning studies to specific plans to comprehensive plans
• Graphic design, GIS analysis and map-making
• Writing, research, and policy development for planning and design documents
• Data analysis
• Assisting with public outreach and participation, including workshops and social media
• Administrative tasks, such as updating project web sites and writing meeting summaries
• Writing and organizing proposals
• Project management (may vary depending on level of experience)desired skills and experience
(We Understand That Not Every Candidate Will Have Every Potential Skill)
• Excellent design, written and oral communication skills
• Previous experience in urban design, architecture, community planning, zoning, or community development at a consulting firm, local government, community-based organization, or advocacy organization
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Architecture, Planning, Urban Design or closely related field
• 3-D modeling skills (SketchUp, etc.)
• Graphic design, document layout, and infographics skills, using Adobe Creative Suite
• Advanced ArcGIS skills
• Quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
• Knowledge of California land use planning including General Plans, Specific Plans, zoning codes, CEQA
• Commitment to health, equity, and sustainability
• Fluent in spoken and/or written Spanish
Salary and Benefits
Generous benefits package includes a competitive salary; fully paid medical, dental, and vision; vacation and sick days; retirement account and company-sponsored contributions; and time and resources for professional development.
Raimi + Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diversified workforce. Selection is based on merit without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, age, gender, national origin, political affiliation, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status, or other differences.