Job Title: Manager, GSI Partners
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Term: Full-time, Permanent (grant funded)
Application Deadline: June 2, 2017
Start Date: August 1, 2017
The Sustainable Business Network of Greater Philadelphia (SBN) is seeking a Manager of our GSI Partners initiative to oversee and direct the development, implementation, and evaluation of all program activities, and to work with the Executive Director to lead the initiative into its next growth phase.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic leader, convener, and facilitator; have an aptitude for recognizing opportunities, and strategizing ideas into action; be proactive and results-driven with a focus on quality; have strong staff and project management skills, including strong prioritization skills; have strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills as well as a sense of responsibility and accountability; and will communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders in a variety of forums. The ideal candidate will also have a working knowledge of Green City, Clean Waters and/or green stormwater infrastructure.
The person in this position is part of the management team; as such s/he is a thought partner on key strategic and organizational decisions.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, and in collaboration with the GSI Partners Program Associate and other staff, the Manager of the GSI Partners will be responsible for the following, and other related duties as needed:
- Serve as a strategic leader, overseeing the development, implementation, and evaluation of all current and future program activities
- Manage the implementation of grant deliverables as well as activity budgets
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with businesses in the local GSI industry; developers and property owners; the Philadelphia Water Department; and other relevant stakeholders regarding programmatic activities and advocacy goals
- Convene and facilitate focus groups, networking events, and committee meetings throughout the year with the goals of connecting diverse stakeholders with each other, and gaining stakeholder input regarding programming and advocacy goals
- Partner with the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society in the management of the Philadelphia Water Department’s residential stormwater management program, Rain Check
- Manage the Program Associate
- Support the Executive Director by informing grant proposals and grant reports
Additional qualifications for this position to what is noted above include:
- Demonstrated commitment to SBN’s values and mission
- Experience in non-profit program management
- Experience managing staff
- Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years’ relevant experience
About the Green Stormwater Infrastructure Partners
The Green Stormwater Infrastructure (GSI) Partners is a priority initiative of SBN working to advance the local GSI industry, innovation, and the local economy as it relates to GSI. Formed in 2012 in response to Philadelphia’s ambitious and innovative stormwater management plan, Green City, Clean Waters, the GSI Partners advocate for the greenest approaches to be facilitated and incentivized as much as possible, and for the public and private investment to remain as local as possible. Members include locally-owned engineering and landscape architecture firms; landscape contracting firms; builders; and material suppliers whose services and products pertain to GSI. Members are recognized as experts locally, regionally, and nationally.
In January 2016, SBN published a report called the Economic Impact of Green City, Clean Waters: The First 5 Years, which highlights the degree to which this innovative policy is catalyzing local economic growth, and points to significant future potential over the next 20.