About Farr Associates
Farr Associates is an architecture, urban planning, and urban design firm located in Chicago, Illinois, dedicated to creating sustainable urban places. As a JUST-certified Benefits Corporation, we value the quality of life of our clients, our staff, and our fellow Chicagoans. To that end, we invest in the ongoing development of our employees through training and conferences, and constantly look for ways in which to give back to our communities.
We want to grow and are seeking a marketing coordinator to work closely with firm leadership to fill the following roles and responsibilities:
Maintain Materials and Relationships
- Maintain and update firm resumes and project marketing materials.
- Maintain and update website, portfolio, and advertisements.
- Manage and support external communications, including firm social media accounts.
- Foster external relationships with aligned organizations.
Help to Secure Work
- Track leads and potential projects.
- Work with project managers to prepare proposals and produce and deliver on time.
- Facilitate project interview prep, including timing, strategy, presentations, and collaterals.
- Assist project managers in the preparation of contracts and subcontracts.
Tell Our Story
- Track and develop award submissions for completed projects.
- Obtain media recognition for firm’s work.
- Track presentation opportunities at conferences and support submissions.
- Manage conference exhibiting events.
- Issue periodic e-blasts.
Undertake Special Projects
- Support other special projects as defined by firm leadership.
General Office Support
- Appointment scheduling for principal.
The chosen candidate will possess these traits:
- Share the firm’s vision of sustainable planning and architecture.
- Excellent communication, writing, editing, and graphics skills.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite with strong InDesign skills and Microsoft Office.
- Smart, strategic, highly organized, self-starter.
- Efficient and effective at balancing tasks and changing priorities in a fast-paced, small-office setting.
- Works well in teams.
- Strong perceptiveness skills and the ability to anticipate problems and determine solutions.
- Good interpersonal skills.
The chosen candidate will have this prior experience:
- BA in marketing, design, or related field.
- Success at responding to RFQs and RFPs.
- Success at garnering media coverage.
- Success at running social media campaigns.
- Success at securing awards.
to an interview the successful candidate will be asked to provide work samples.
If the traits and experience listed above describes you, and you can provide high quality work samples, we encourage you to apply. Please include a resume and a cover letter briefly describing how you satisfy the listed prior experience.
This is a
full time position with competitive salary and benefits. If interested
please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.