The Colorado Municipal League (CML) is recruiting candidates for the position of Municipal Legal Services Manager. The position will manage and supervise CML’s municipal legal services staff and activities, and provide legal counsel to League members on matters of municipal law and related policy issues affecting municipalities. Additionally, the manager will represent the League in appropriate forums, conduct legal research on municipal topics, and support the League’s legislative advocacy program with legal research.
The successful candidate will be a strong manager who will lead a high-performing team representing practical, substantial Colorado municipal law experience, and recognized as true partners supporting municipal attorneys and the important function they perform. The candidate will be an excellent communicator, a relationship builder, and will possess unquestionable moral and ethical standards. Demonstrated proficiency in technology, social media, and legal research a plus.
The successful candidate will fully understand and commit to the vision of the organization, able to focus on the big picture, and will help identify future needs of the League. The candidate will also provide:
- Cutting edge municipal legal research
- Proactive knowledge of court cases at the state and federal appellate level affecting CML members, coupled with managing a robust amicus committee process
- Knowledge to create an on-line library of municipal law resources and work with other resource providers such as the Colorado Supreme Court Librarian
- Leadership in state and national groups
- Ability to draft model ordinances and amicus briefs
- Support League lobbyists with legal research
- Establish and manage a high quality inquiry service available to all municipal officials
- Communicate with and convene groups of attorneys in specialized areas of municipal law
- Coordinate and oversee various training activities including the summer and fall attorney conferences, and webinars
This position requires a Juris Doctor Degree; admission to the Colorado Bar; significant experience in the practice of Colorado municipal law. Management and supervisory experience a plus.
Salary range is $83,600-$129,600, and includes an excellent benefits package. A letter of interest, along with a resume, writing samples, references, and current salary requirements must be submitted by March 31, 2017 and directed via e mail to Sam Mamet, email@example.com or mailed to CML at 1144 Sherman Street, Denver, Colorado 80203, attention Sam Mamet. No phone calls, please. The Colorado Municipal League is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be treated in confidence.