Responsible for the design and development of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.1. Analyzes voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices.
2. Plans network layouts and configures systems to user environments.
3. Analyzes network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
4. Supports the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
5. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
6. May perform network administration duties.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. May serve as technical team or task leader.
9. Familiar with Switching (Capacity Planning & VLAN s), Routing (OSPF, RIPv2, BGP), WAN Technology (MPLS, VPLS, VPN) and Voice Technologies (POTS, VoIP, SIP Trunking)
11. Remote monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications
10. Provide technical services and support for Microsoft related and virtualization technologies.
12. Perform network assessments and security audits
13. Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure
14. Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outagesEducation
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.Qualifications8-10 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design
1. Knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Type One Cryptographic products (e.g. KG 250, 175, 175A, 175D, KG 75, KG 75A)
- Tier Three Fill Devices (e.g. AN CYZ 10, Simple Key Loader, DTD2000(KIK20), RASKL (KIK30)
2. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in writing or orally to customers on all levels.
3. Must be able to demonstrate a sense of mission and urgency when responding to actions.
4. Must be willing to travel worldwide.
5. Familiarity with CISCO routing, switching, voice and video products.
6. CISCO Network certification such as CCNA or CCNP preferred.
7. Familiarity with satellite communications a plus.
- Must possess and have the ability to maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance.
- Must be able to achieve Security+ CE Certification (or equivalent) within 90 days of hire for positions requiring elevated privileges and ITIL V3 Foundation within six months of hire.
-Additional specific certifications may be required, depending on job assignment.
-This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide.
The work is typically performed at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled