Our Vision: To make New York City the global
model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the
City's diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City's five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
NYCEDC's HireNYC program serves as a resource to connect local job-seekers with job opportunities on EDC real estate projects and with their commercial tenants. HireNYC works closely with the City's workforce development services, as well as local workforce development organizations in order to best meet developers' and companys' business and recruitment needs. HireNYC manages 75+ projects and engages 180+ employers on NYCEDC real estate and strategic financing projects. HireNYC is part of NYCEDC's Opportunity M/W/DBE division.
The position will assist AVP for HireNYC in day to day management and promotion of the program both internally and externally. The PM will also assist with special projects requiring research, quantitative analysis, assistance in creating presentations, and working internally with other departments that liaise with NYCEDC and the Opportunity M/W/DBE team.
- Establish and maintain a broad understanding of federal, state and local workforce mandates, labor market data and sector strategies to support service deliveries.
- Manage business development and recruitment strategies proposed by partners
- Oversee the development of marketing materials and strategy to assist in implementation of HireNYC events
- Help develop and analyze metrics to measure success of the HireNYC program and to identify areas that need improvement
- Assist in coordinating hiring events and direct outreach to community/workforce organizations and developers
External Partner Management:
- Collaboration with internal and external partners to support workforce development activities and goals
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with partners as trusted and dependable NYCEDC resources
- Monitor and manage aspects of partner performance related to the achievement of programmatic goals and targets including: candidate sourcing (recruitment), quality of customer service, and successful referral of job seekers to available jobs.
- Serve as communications hub and primary point for coordinating NYCEDC contact with partners
- Identify and connect with community workforce development partners throughout the boroughs for coordinating recruitment efforts for employers
- Provide administrative support to partners by managing select large scale recruitment efforts
- Develop consistent monitoring procedures for projects that have HireNYC requirements
- Maintain strong communication with employers to ensure they remain compliant and utilize HireNYC to meet initial and ongoing hiring needs
- Provide assistance and guidance on HireNYC program process and recruitment resource to employers
- Represent the division and the agency on key workforce development initiatives when negotiating HireNYC process and programmatic goals
- Two to three years' experience managing workforce development activities including recruitment, business development and service delivery
- Critical thinker with an understanding of the principles of equity
- Not-for-profit, small business, or community based organization experience
- Strong communication skills, organization, attention to detail necessary
- Ability to track and monitor for planning and reporting purposes
- Ability to handle complexity in fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- MS Office, some database experience necessary, emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- Planning and organizational experience with outreach and training events
About the Contracts Department
The Contracts Department monitors contract compliance and procurement in accordance with NYCEDC policies and applicable local, state and federal requirements. The Contracts Department also serves as the corporation's liaison with various City Agencies with an interest in the Corporation's contracts, including, but not limited to, the New York City Comptroller's Office, Mayor's Office of Contract Services, the Department of Investigation, and the Department of Small Business Services.
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is a not-for-profit corporation that reports to the City's Deputy Mayor for Housing and Economic Development. Its mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City's five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
NYCEDC is responsible for the design and construction of a wide variety of projects throughout the City. It also manages certain City-owned real estate and is responsible for its maintenance and repair, including emergency repairs. NYCEDC's staff includes engineers, architects and landscape architects. Additional information on NYCEDC, including information on its projects, can be found by visiting http://www.nycedc.com.
NYCEDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If offers excellent benefits, including a 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plan, company-paid 401(a) pension plan, medical, dental, and tuition reimbursement.
Apply Here: Click2Apply.net/m384gfqd6kk5vm9b