The American City Coalition (TACC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit based in Roxbury’s Dudley Square that adheres to a plan dependent upon emergent strategy. That is, TACC has prioritized and selected Roxbury as a focus area, and identifies and develops projects and programming responding to its needs and assets.
Through interrelated programs focused on pre-development planning, neighborhood vitality, resident asset building, and mobility and supportive services, TACC identifies strategies that can positively impact the built environment, access to household-sustaining jobs, and the underlying determinants of health and safety requisite to vibrant mixed-income communities. TACC works to increase collective impact by helping to align the skills of partners within defined program areas, and identifying and engaging complementary partnerships and resources. TACC also provides technical support and assistance to advance multi-sector and multi-stakeholder partnerships that focus public and private investment in Roxbury.
The Senior Associate will develop, support, and strengthen TACC’s ongoing projects focused on mixed-use, mixed-income development, community planning, and economic development, as follows:
- Persistent management of ongoing projects and initiatives, with an emphasis on maintaining strong relationships with relevant project partners, including community-based organizations, city and state agencies, and affordable and mixed-income housing advocates and developers.
- In support of external development teams, initiate and assist in implementation of projects in Roxbury. Responsibilities include: preparation of responses to RFP/RFQs; site analysis and selection, financial feasibility, financial structure, funding commitments, cost estimates, establishment of project pro forma, due diligence, and community benefits. Projects include residential and commercial/industrial.
- Engage local and state funders in support of real estate development projects. The Senior Associate will lead the structuring, assembly, and review of funding applications while tracking and reporting on project issues as they affect TACC.
- Work with staff to develop and sustain external partnerships with consultants that can effectively address TACC’s focus area needs.
- Represent TACC in new and existing neighborhood collaborations and networks, ensuring integration of short- and long-term objectives within ongoing planning processes.
- Contribute to web content, press releases, grant applications, and social media.
- Perform related work and duties as required.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong entrepreneurial orientation and competency to think creatively and strategically about complex community challenges with neighborhood revitalization and economic mobility.
- Strong financial and analytical skills, with a passion for real estate development.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, both in setting and achieving objectives as well as defining and implementing strategy, with minimal supervision.
- Strong research, writing, negotiation, speaking, and group facilitation skills, with an ability to work with multiple stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of equity, debt, tax credits, Federal and State subsidy programs, and public resources. Experience in locating alternative funding sources and compliance with subsidy programs and government regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and MS Project.
- MS degree in Real Estate Management, Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance.
- 5+ years of experience in real estate finance and/or real estate development.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and skills.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Senior Associate: Economic Development” in the subject line. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
TACC seeks to build a staff that reflects the communities in which we work. We strongly encourage applications from diverse candidates.