The Portland Water Bureau is hiring a Senior Engineer in the Special Projects
branch of the Engineering Services Group. This is an exciting opportunity to
be part of a dedicated project team overseeing the planning, design, and
construction of a corrosion control treatment facility and new water filtration
plant for the largest water supply in Oregon. Both of these projects are high
priorities and are required to meet regulatory schedules. The position will
provide project management, engineering and technical assistance for the
Special Projects group and supervisory responsibility for assigned staff. The
position also serves as a subject matter expert providing technical guidance
and expertise on water treatment issues. An ideal candidate would have a
strong drinking water quality and treatment background, project and
program management experience and supervisory skills.
The following minimum qualifications are required for this position:
1. Knowledge of engineering principles, practices and fundamentals that relate to the design, construction, maintenance and operation of public facilities such as water systems.
2. Knowledge of federal and state regulations relating to drinking water systems.
3. Experience planning, assigning, supervising and coordinating the work of field, professional and technical staff.
4. Experience communicating scientific and technical matters to non-technical individuals, including policymakers and the public.
5. Experience planning and designing water treatment facilities is desired.
Applicants must also possess:
A valid state driver’s license and an acceptable driving record at the time of hire.
A certificate to practice as a registered Professional Engineer, and
An Oregon Professional Engineer Certificate within six months of hire.