FLSA STATUS: Exempt
WORK SCHEDULE & LOCATION: This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) based in the Community Framework’s Spokane or Seattle/Bremerton, Washington offices
SALARY RANGE: DOE
BENEFITS: Package includes employer contributions to employee’s health, life, disability and dental insurance, (family enrollment available at employee expense), paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation, and a 403(b) retirement plan.
The Senior Housing Developer completes real estate development functions, including taking the lead on affordable housing developments and related community facilities developments, primarily in Washington State. The purpose of Community Frameworks’ direct development initiatives is to produce safe, decent affordable housing that contributes to the building of vital communities. Community Frameworks offers full development services to both rural and urban organizations seeking to own and manage affordable housing that do not choose to have or cannot sustain in-house development capacity. We also develop projects to expand our own portfolio. The units produced are primarily rentals and represent a full spectrum of affordable housing types and persons housed.
The Senior Housing Developer is engaged in activities which lead to the successful completion of affordable housing development contracts and projects, improve client capacity, and meet local community development objectives. The Senior Housing Developer plans, coordinates, and manages leading project teams, supervising team members, conducting project development tasks, and developing and maintaining the relationships necessary to accomplish successful projects.
The position requires extensive experience in complex development, financing & regulatory skill areas, as well as demonstrated superiority in time management, self-motivation and independent judgment. The position requires advanced technical skills as well as the highly developed ability to work independently and in a team environment, assisting clients to complete projects in rural and urban communities, providing leadership and visioning for development staff assigned to team projects, and working collaboratively with a broad range of stakeholders, partners, funders and clients.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Depending on qualifications and primary line of business assignment, the Senior Housing Developer will play a lead role (working both independently and as a team leader) in the performance of some or all of the following duties under the direction of either the Development Services or HomeStarts line of business manager:
- Direct the process of project concept development and feasibility analysis,
- Mentor and guide the project through both the internal Community Frameworks’ approval process and the external approval processes of partners, funders and regulating agencies.
- Supervise project team members and monitor progress, directing the project to fruition as contracted, making day-to-day decisions and taking actions which keep the project on track,
- Recommend changes and seek approval for deviations from planned budget, schedule, deliverables, cash flow, contract terms, legal liability, financial risk, partner and funder relations, etc., and report results to management.
- Technical duties may include but are not limited to:
- Identification of real estate development opportunities and preparation of proposals for development projects
- Preparation of estimates of project development and operating costs, proformas and other financial analyses for current and planned projects
- Assembling the development team, including architect, contractor, attorney, lenders, and investors
- Assembling financing including the preparation of applications and documents associated with the development
- Management of the planning, design, bid/award, construction and close out of capital construction projects to ensure that projects conform to quality standards, and stay on time, and within budget
- Supervision of the marketing of developed properties as appropriate.
- Coordination of tenant relocation as necessary
- Coordination with property management during the development period, and assistance with post-development property management policy development and training
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Some travel required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive experience in real estate and housing project development, including project feasibility, market analysis, financial packaging, site selection, land acquisition, infrastructure development, construction process, project management and regulatory compliance.
- Extensive experience in securing project financing from public and private sources, preference given to experience in Low Income Tax Credits and New Market Tax Credits.
- Extensive experience in the selection and oversight of outside consultants and providers of professional development and construction services.
- Extensive experience in the successful completion of publicly funded projects and knowledgeable of the requirements and expectations of public funders.
- Ability to effectively mentor and supervise staff as well as work collaboratively in a team structure and to be self-directed.
- Skilled in maintaining customer and partner relations, oral and written communication, and problem solving.
- Ability to succeed under pressure with multiple, simultaneous task assignments.
- Well-developed computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and Internet.
- Minimum of five years program & project development, real estate and/or community development experience is required, with at least two years of that in a leadership, management or administrative role. A degree in a related field, from an accredited, four-year college or university is also required. Additional relevant work experience above and beyond the minimum may be substituted for the college degree.
Physical Demands: Ability to lift up to 20 pounds as needed; ability to sit for extended periods of time; ability to sit, stoop, kneel, bend and lift as needed for routine office work; extensive wrist and hand movements required as related to keyboarding; and ability to be mobile as related to business needs.
We will also accept applications from those who do not possess the supervisory level qualifications of a Senior Housing Developer.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and application to firstname.lastname@example.org. See our website for details: www.communityframeworks.org. All three documents are required. Those applications not having all three documents, will not be considered.