Soltesz is growing and is looking for key professionals to help us continue to provide outstanding service to our clients. The Senior Landscape Architect position is located in our Rockville, MD office and will be responsible for providing direct supervision and mentoring of design staff, including landscape architects, engineers and designers. This position will also be responsible for providing mentoring, client contact, as well as handling project financials, profitability and client satisfaction. Essential job functions include:
- Knowledge of local zoning ordinances and subdivision regulations
- Experience with local entitlement processes, documents, and public hearings
- Experience preparing comprehensive feasibility studies
- Experience preparing concept plans, preliminary plans, and site plans
- Experience preparing landscape plans and forest conservation plans to meet local requirements
- Review of Natural Resource Inventory (NRI) and Forest Stand Delineation (FSD) plans with an understanding of relative ordinances and practices.
- Preparation of landscape architecture and related construction documents, specifications, reports and coordination of work with other design disciplines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture or Planning
- Experience and familiarity with Montgomery County, MD and surrounding jurisdictions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor other staff
- Demonstrated success in business development is desirable.
- 4 + years’ experience with entitlement work
- Appropriate professional registration / certification is required
- CADD literate (Microstation or AutoCAD)
SOLTESZ has a commitment to excellence that begins with employing talented, energetic, and client focused professionals. SOLTESZ is a successful land development engineering firm in the Washington DC metro area specializing in the areas of civil engineering, landscape architecture, planning, environmental science and surveying. We work with both private and public clients on a variety of projects.