The Show Content Manager will be responsible for developing content and exhibitor relations for the Philadelphia Flower Show. Will research, recommend, and select horticultural, floricultural, landscape design, floral design and other exciting organizations to enhance the Show experience and exceed expectations of our visitors. Help the Flower Show to keep horticulture and design as the main attractions and at the highest quality possible. Be the liaison, provide a consistent resource, and be the go-to person for all Flower Show exhibits including major exhibitors, partners and sponsors.
· Works with Chief of Shows and Events to design and create PHS Shows, Events and Exhibits.
· Responsible for developing content and exhibitor relations for the Philadelphia Flower Show.
· Research, develop, and build relationships with horticulture, floriculture, landscape design and floral design industries with the goal of including them as exhibitors and/or partners of the Flower Show and PHS.
· Communicates and negotiates exhibitors’ expectations and requirements. Prepare and make sure of successful execution of contracts.
· Develops relationships with major exhibitors and assists with creative input when needed.
· Recruitment, development, and retention of exhibitors. Works closely with Chief of Shows and Events on this process.
· Be the liaison for all major exhibitors and sponsored exhibits. Provides a consistent resource and is the go-to person throughout the year and on the Show floor during setup, run of Show and tear down.
· Research and develop unique and innovative experiences for PHS Shows and Events. Work with Chief of Shows and Events on recommendations to determine experiences that will be included in the Flower Show.
· May require travel nationally as well as internationally for research, development and relationship building.
· Working closely with the PHS Business Development team, provide input and work with sponsors to develop and coordinate exhibits that meet the sponsors’ marketing goals.
· Connect and match our network of designers to our sponsors and partners for successful execution of exhibits.
· Manage the process and execution of sponsor exhibits.
· Develops budget for Show subsidies. Develops budgets and obtains estimates for exhibits and event experiences.
· Develop production and construction timelines for exhibits and event experiences.
· Develops relationships and works with Show volunteers who assist in production of Show.
· Works closely and communicates regularly with PHS event programming, operations and volunteer teams.
This position has no direct reports.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· College degree in horticulture or related field or equivalent experience.
· A minimum of 5 years of experience and knowledge of horticulture, floriculture, landscape design, floral design, and related fields/industries.
· Deep knowledge of the horticulture industry.
· Ability to communicate well both written and orally.
· Ability to speak and present in public.
· Ability to work with individuals and groups with diverse experience, personalities, and professional achievement.
· Ability to communicate well with staff, sponsors, exhibitors, volunteers, contractors, and others involved in the design and production of PHS Shows and Events.
· Ability to work collaboratively across the organization and across disciplines, both internally and externally.
· Strong people and interpersonal skills a must.
· Working nights and weekends during certain times of the year, especially during event times.
· Ability to handle physically demanding work and long hours on his/her feet.
· Works well and can make smart decisions under high levels of stress.
· Training, understanding, or experience in landscape design, exhibit staging, construction or display work a plus.
· Account management experience a plus.
Strong computer skills, especially
proficient with Microsoft Office software.
Other Skills and characteristics:
· Relationship building
· Team player
· Detail oriented
· Independent and self-motivated
· Collaborative work style
· Project management
· Multi-task responsibilities
· Written and oral communication
· Business awareness
· Influence and negotiation
· Meeting facilitation
· Problem solving
· Strong computer skills
· Full time, exempt—40 hours per week
· Work days with longer hours, required during Flower Show dates
· Occasional evenings and weekends will be required
· Must be able to endure extended periods of walking and/or standingMust be able to sit at a desk for up to 6 hours per day. Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day. This may include traveling to and from meetings and air travel. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments and locations on a timely basis.
Must be able to lift heavy boxes and equipment occasionally.
PHS offers a competitive salary and benefits package
PHS is an equal opportunity employer