Amgen is seeking a Specialist Information Systems Architect Enterprise Data Integration & Analytics who will work on our Analytics and Knowledge Management (AKM) team.
The Specialist will report to the Senior Manager Information Systems and will work out of our Amgen Capability Center in Tampa, FL. At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Our new Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the-art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the world s leading biotechnology companies.
The Specialist is responsible for design and implementation and supporting related platforms to drive Amgen's services/platforms for data integration and analytics into next generation technologies. The incumbent will define the architecture and technical road maps to align with the overall analytical strategy as well as manage and lead the administration of data integration and reporting service lifecycle, develop success metrics, identify redundancies and dependencies on other services, and drive service and release targets while managing service delivery teams.
AKM services include Advanced Analytics and Data Integration, Big Data technology services, Information Discovery and Search, Information Architecture, Knowledge Management (KM) and Regulated Content Management.
Key Activities for the Specialist include:
- Develop and evolve the Data Integration and Analytics service offerings related to ETL/ELT, metadata storage, cataloguing, storage, warehousing and Business Intelligence/Analytics using software like Informatica, Snaplogic, Alteryx, AWS, Databricks, Teradata, Redshift, Tableau, Spotfire, Cognos or BobJ
- Partner with AKM service delivery managers to develop service improvement and expansion roadmaps that are achievable within the service cost model
- Manage and improve the Data Integration and Warehousing platform capabilities and usage in support of the service offering
- Perform research and development of new capabilities. Perform technology and service model scanning for new ideas and technology applications.
- Maintains knowledge of market trends and developments in search and related emerging technologies to provide recommendations and deliver best practice solutions
- Manage and execute the data integration and warehousing platform backlog
- Manage data integration and warehousing platforms vendors (software vendor and run support) to ensure the platform have adequate, effective and lean operating costs
- Manage and improve the service run model to include: reduction of process gaps, outages, definition and monitoring of service SLA s
- Lead development of platform interfaces and tech stack integrations across multiple platforms and provide architectural guidance for their usage.
- Develop training, roadshow materials, and outreach events to increase the service awareness and of data integration and warehousing services
- Provides advice and support to project teams (project managers, architects, business analysts, and developers) on tools, technology, best practices and methodology related to the design and development of analytical solutions
- Partner with the AKM Information Architecture Service Delivery Manager and client IS teams for project delivery
- Ensures service quality while managing budget and service inventory (licenses, assets, etc.)
- Manages risk and compliance by adhering to legal and regulatory guidelines and establishing policies and Standard Operating Procedures
Master s degree and 3 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelor s degree and 5 years of Information Systems experience
Associate s degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
- 2+ years of healthcare industry experience focused on analytics, business intelligence, reporting or data management
- Able to successfully develop, launch, and manage product offerings for Analytics and Reporting
- Hands-on experience in architecting or administering Data Integration solutions using at-least two of the following technologies Informatica, Terradata, Snaplogic, Mulesoft, Redshift, Athena, Presto, Databricks
- Experience or Good understanding in architecture or administration of analytics and BI solutions using at-least two of the following technologies Tableau, Spotfire, BobJ, Cognos or PowerBI
- Experience managing the end-to-end delivery of complex search projects
- Knowledge of predictive modeling and machine learning
- Penchant for learning about new technology innovation and creativity in applying to business problems
- Experience with Agile methodologies and DevOps
- Ability to work in a startup-like environment with little supervision
- Ability to work in either an architect/administrator role, or helping architect and design a solution, or act as a lead managing a development team
- Ability to effectively present information for all levels, and respond to questions from managers, clients, and customers
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
The invaluable contributions of our talented Tampa team will help us develop the vital and innovative medicines that treat serious illness and unmet medical needs around the globe.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.