Enterprise is a proven and powerful nonprofit that improves communities and people’s lives by making well-designed homes affordable. Enterprise recently launched the Opportunity360 platform – an innovative platform designed to provide actionable intelligence for community partners engaged in building inclusive, well-designed communities. The Knowledge, Impact and Strategy (KIS) department at Enterprise drives knowledge building at Enterprise and across the affordable housing industry, uses data to inform community development strategies, and demonstrates the impact of Enterprise’s work in communities across the country.
Summary of the Position
The KIS team is seeking a Strategic Partnership Manager to join us as we continue to rapidly expand outreach and partner adoption of Opportunity360 and other KIS products across multiple sectors. You’ll work closely with the Enterprise leadership and the broader KIS team to project manage the ongoing engagement of partners. As the Strategic Partnership Manager, you’ll be tasked with translating outreach and revenue goals into multi-channel marketing initiatives that grow user volume and brand recognition for the platform. The Strategic Partnership Manager will be responsible for the refining a targeted outreach strategy to Enterprise partners (corporate, government, community organizations and others) across the country. You’ll also be tasked with reporting on partnerships to measure our effectiveness and performance in building the user base.
The Strategic Partnership Manager will be a key, front line team member - identifying and initiating the engagement efforts to new targeted users and expanding product/service adoption with current users. More generally, the Strategic Partnership Manager will play a pivotal role in managing relationships, creating outreach strategies, and working with other KIS staff to ensure products and technical assistance efforts will produce maximum support by external funders and other stakeholders.Job Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with current/new partners, clients and funders in an efficient, scalable, and high-quality manner
- Become an expert on KIS products and technical assistance offerings to enable presentation of these to external parties through presentations, proposals, and other vehicles.
- Provide a strategy to support early adopters, performance and utilization data, coaching during new product/feature launches, and help resolve any product issues or concerns
- Build and manage pipeline of potential clients and engagements with forecasting of stage, timing and outcomes
- Work with Enterprise and KIS leadership to prioritize engagements and business development opportunities
- Contribute to proposals, applications, concept papers and other products meant to present KIS’s work to external audiences
- Coordinate among multiple internal teams to launch and manage innovative partnerships; ensure integrated approach to new business with key Enterprise partners
- Identify upsell opportunities that map directly to each partner’s needs and/or pain points and initiate & drive upsell conversations with the client
- Set, track and report on partner/relationship performance metrics
- Management of external technical assistance contracts and relationship activity in SalesForce CRM with appropriate history and account information
- Up to 30% travel required
- MBA or another advanced degree emphasizing communications and/or business processes and strategy
- 5+ years of experience with a proven track record of business development success
- Experience establishing and managing critical external relationships on behalf of an organization
- Experience engaging philanthropic organizations for the purposes of fundraising
- Experience creating and delivering presentations to high-level stakeholders
- Ability to work effectively across departments and business units
- Knowledge of issues in housing finance or real estate development a plus
- Experience using the Salesforce platform and/or Marketing Cloud a plus
- Experience designing or implementing marketing campaigns a plus
- Some experience creating contracts or developing proposals and project scopes of work a plus
- Strong communication, analytic, and listening skills, with a positive approach
- Self-starter and hardworking, with a track record of success and drive for achievement
- Organized with a demonstrated ability to work on multiple time-sensitive projects at once
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Entrepreneurial orientation with a determination to succeed in an innovative, fast-paced environment
- Must value working in a collaborative environment; some experience working with virtual teams (colleagues across multiple offices) is desired
- Must demonstrate initiative, good judgment, resourcefulness, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Must be based in the Enterprise headquarters office in Columbia, MD or the Enterprise Washington, DC office with the ability to commute to Columbia at least once per week.