Dry Pro Basement Systems, a leader in the waterproofing and foundation repair industry is growing! Since 1999, Dry Pro has been providing customers with high quality foundation repair and waterproofing solutions. As an industry leader, we are building a strong team that enjoys working hard to deliver effective solutions for our residential customers across the greater Charlotte area. Learn more about us at www.4drypro.com.
Researches, develops, designs, and tests a variety of equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for residential purposes. The structural engineer will oversee the design and construction of the structures on the project.
Essential Functions: Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
Perform structural design and analysis calculations using governing codes and standards, engineering formulas, skills, and experience.
Layout and details portions of projects using schematic
Develop probable construction cost estimates for his/her projects within the department.
Coordinate work with other disciplines such as production.
Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering design documents.
Perform field activities such as observe and record existing field conditions, take and verify measurements within project area.
Organize, draft, and coordinate technical document
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and other Characteristics:
- Knowledge of residential building construction.
- Knowledge of forensic engineering evaluating distressed structures and determining cause and appropriate repair options.
- Ability to apply structural engineering principles in the detailing of pier, tieback, and anchoring systems.
- Ability to apply general geotechnical engineering principles to pier, tieback, and anchor applications.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage projects.
- Skill operating AutoCAD.
- Ability to understand, relate with, and communicate to dealers needs and desires.
- Possess talent and personal traits:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Licensed P.E. with at least 4 years of related experience; or
2. A combination of education and experience that illustrates a proven record of accomplishment in this field.
3. A valid driver s license and a safe driving record.