If you are passionate about creating programs that help people bike, walk, and use transit more often, this position is for you. As a TDM (Transportation Demand Management) and Programs Specialist, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and evaluating active transportation and TDM programs.
The types of programs you manage may include, but are not limited to: individualized marketing (aka SmartTrips) campaigns; media campaigns; bicycle/pedestrian safety education; employer TDM programs; outreach campaigns; walking/biking events; open streets events; and Safe Routes to School programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES + TASKS
- Planning, implementing, and evaluating programs (see list of program types, above).
- Taking responsibility for every aspect project management, including managing budgets, schedules, scopes of work, and client service.
- Managing the work of team members (both colleagues and subconsultants) for a successful outcome.
- Contributing to the development of proposals, statements of work, contract addenda, and scope changes.
- Managing the production of materials and incentive items, including content development, managing the client review process, and working with our embedded graphic design team.
- Contributing to blogs, social media, and whitepapers.
This position requires a combination of skills, experience, and education including, but not limited to:
- Interest in and knowledge of active living and non-motorized transportation.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Five-twelve (5-12) years of experience managing projects in a consulting environment, community-based organization, or public agency.
- At least one year of experience working directly in a communication and/or outreach capacity with the public.
- Demonstrated public speaking skills.
- Experience organizing and leading events, classes, or workshops. Creative ability to develop event ideas.
- Proven expertise in project and budget management.
- Proven expertise in managing team members.
- Outstanding communication and client service skills.
- Exhibits strong initiative and the ability to work independently.
PREFERRED SKILLS + CERTIFICATIONS
There are a number of additional skills, experience and education that would be beneficial to this position including, but not limited to:
- Master’s Degree in Urban Planning with an emphasis on active, non-motorized transportation
- Experience creating TDM strategic plans
- Experience using Deltek Vision
- Active participation in industry-relevant professional associations and committees
- League Cycling Instructor (LCI) certification
- Safe Routes to School experience
- Open Streets experience
- Native Spanish proficiency
- Teaching or coaching experience, both with adults and youth
- Experience creating and editing simple (Streetsfilm-quality) videos
- Proficiency in using social media as an outreach tool (particularly Twitter and Facebook)
- Curriculum-writing experience