The Coalition for Nonprofit Housing and Economic Development (CNHED) seeks an energetic, experienced professional to join our entrepreneurial team. The Vice-President for Development and Communications will work under the direction of the President & CEO to expand CNHED’s philanthropic and government funding sources and to devise its external and internal communications strategies.
Skills Set Sought:
· Demonstrated long-term success in grant and proposal writing
· Proficient in locating funding sources and establishing relationships with philanthropies and government agencies
· Proficient in grant and contract management and reporting
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Experience developing and managing a comprehensive strategic communications plan
- Track record of developing and maintaining strong relationships with key media and industry representatives and/or the skill and drive to build new such relationships
· Experience working with District of Columbia (preferred), state, or federal legislative and budgetary practices
· Knowledge of current community development policy and budget landscape on the District, state, or federal levelFinancial:
· Demonstrated experience with nonprofit organization budgeting and accounting practices
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Prior work experience in community development
field strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to conduct policy or academic research and to write reports based on that research
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a
team environment, and to demonstrate initiative in both contexts
- Ability to set, manage, and meet multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Website development and maintenance skills preferred
- Familiarity with District of Columbia area philanthropic organizations preferred
- Good sense of humor and the ability to be gracious and nimble in difficult situations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud or equivalent preferred
Compensation and Benefits
CNHED offers a competitive benefits package including 100% individual health dental and vision insurance, employer retirement contributions, paid vacation and sick leave, a transportation subsidy, and an optional deferred salary retirement plan. Salary is commensurate with experience and track record of accomplishments. This is a non-exempt position.To Apply
Please email a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should explicitly state how your experience and accomplishments fit with this position's requirements.
No phone calls please. Initial screening for this position will begin on August 15, 2018. The position will be open until filled.
CNHED is an equal opportunity employer.